Shuddhashar is observing with deep concern the events in India, where the Central Government of India recently passed the new Citizenship Act Bill (NRC & CAB), and India, known as the largest democratic state in the world, has adopted a policy of discriminating among people of different cultural, religious, and non-religious backgrounds. This policy will destroy the richness of India’s diverse cultures, its model of harmony, and will create a deep crisis of mistrust among people throughout the region. We condemn this senseless act of creating enemies and stoking violence. This will become an unnecessary humanitarian crisis. Our solidarity is with all those who are protesting against this inhuman and degrading behavior in India and elsewhere in the world.
More Posts From this Author:
- Harassment and Arrest of Bauls in Bangladesh Threatens Tradition
- Episode: 10 | Interview with Dr. Heather Alberro
- It can’t be the job of any civilized government to suppress freedom of expression.
- Foster Interfaith Solidarity to Defeat the Scourge of Communal Violence
- Episode: 17 | Interview with Mahi Akter