Shuddhashar is observing with deep concern the events in India, where the Central Government of India recently passed the new Citizenship Act Bill (NRC & CAB), and India, known as the largest democratic state in the world, has adopted a policy of discriminating among people of different cultural, religious, and non-religious backgrounds. This policy will destroy the richness of India’s diverse cultures, its model of harmony, and will create a deep crisis of mistrust among people throughout the region. We condemn this senseless act of creating enemies and stoking violence. This will become an unnecessary humanitarian crisis. Our solidarity is with all those who are protesting against this inhuman and degrading behavior in India and elsewhere in the world.
More Posts From this Author:
- Episode: 10 | Interview with Dr. Heather Alberro
- Harassment and Arrest of Bauls in Bangladesh Threatens Tradition
- It can’t be the job of any civilized government to suppress freedom of expression.
- I am impressed by people’s courage: An interview with Elisabeth Dyvik
- Call for submission for an e-book on queer** utopia in South Asia