Shuddhashar is observing with deep concern the events in India, where the Central Government of India recently passed the new Citizenship Act Bill (NRC & CAB), and India, known as the largest democratic state in the world, has adopted a policy of discriminating among people of different cultural, religious, and non-religious backgrounds. This policy will destroy the richness of India’s diverse cultures, its model of harmony, and will create a deep crisis of mistrust among people throughout the region. We condemn this senseless act of creating enemies and stoking violence. This will become an unnecessary humanitarian crisis. Our solidarity is with all those who are protesting against this inhuman and degrading behavior in India and elsewhere in the world.
More Posts From this Author:
- Diversity, Difference, and Secularism: Pluralism in South Asia and Beyond | James Bergman
- Bangladesh is hardening its policies on the Rohingya refugees to fend off another refugee crisis from the North | Asheque Haque
- Op-Ed | The onus is more on trade to energise economies | Wasi Ahmed
- Is the Indian Election Only about the Billion People in India? | Asheque Haque
- Current state of organizing in the times of increased opposition in the Western Balkans | Amarildo Fecanji