Shuddhashar is observing with deep concern the events in India, where the Central Government of India recently passed the new Citizenship Act Bill (NRC & CAB), and India, known as the largest democratic state in the world, has adopted a policy of discriminating among people of different cultural, religious, and non-religious backgrounds. This policy will destroy the richness of India’s diverse cultures, its model of harmony, and will create a deep crisis of mistrust among people throughout the region. We condemn this senseless act of creating enemies and stoking violence. This will become an unnecessary humanitarian crisis. Our solidarity is with all those who are protesting against this inhuman and degrading behavior in India and elsewhere in the world.
About The Author
Shuddhashar (শুদ্ধস্বর) was established in 1990 at the advent of the little magazine movement in Bangladesh as an independent magazine and periodical of anti-establishment writing, working towards a broader socio-cultural movement.
More From This Author:
- Shuddhashar urges to free Shahidul, drop charges against him
- Climate Crisis: In Conversation With Kasia Paprocki
- Shuddhshar demands the immediate release of Cartoonist Ahmed Kabir Kishor
- Shuddhashar’s concern about the threat on Sultana Kamal
- It can’t be the job of any civilized government to suppress freedom of expression